Simply Cook with Varsha
- Monday 10th January | 6:30pm - 8:30pm
- Monday 17th January | 6:30pm - 8:30pm
- Monday 24th January | 6:30pm - 8:30pm
- Monday 31st January | 6:30pm - 8:30pm
Our 'Simply Cook with Varsha' sessions are a fantastic series of classes. Taking you through key dishes over a series of four weeks to help you to add variety, flavour combinations and additional nutrition to your meals, but also help reduce food waste too!
Varsha from Mistry Kitchen is with us to teach this fun and friendly course, suitable for any skill level or ability.
Learn new ways to make delicious meals at home in a very relaxed and informal setting, whether you'd like to connect with others, make mealtimes more fun or just learn a few new skills!
During the sessions, you'll learn to cook from scratch or broaden existing skills in the kitchen. A great inspiration to liven up mealtimes if you're stuck in a rut!
The aim of the sessions is to help teach -
- How to layer flavour.
- Multiple ways of using ingredients.
- How to reduce food waste.
- Tips and tricks to save time in the kitchen.
Covering different dishes and cuisines each week will allow you to broaden your experience and confidence in the kitchen. The course is designed to learn new approaches, including:
- Fast and slow cooking
- Ways to save time in the kitchen
- Tips for weekly, or half-weekly, meal planning
- Using flavour for flexible recipe varieties
- Using a wide range of vegetables and grains
- Adding colour and texture
- Cooking for health & nutrition
The course will cover these main themes over the four weeks, teaching you to create -
Week One Simple sauces, fridge/pantry raid pesto, fast lasagne.
Week Two Traybakes, one-pot cooking and stir-frying.
Week Three Slow cooking (casserole, tagine, chilli), soups and bread.
Week Four Dhal/vegetable shaak, black rice, chappati.
Support from Coop Community Fund has allowed us to subsidise these classes, to demonstrate that making the very most out of each ingredient on the weekly shop makes it go so much further.
We are so excited to introduce this course to help you get more creative in the kitchen! Spaces are limited but we're are hoping to run additional course blocks if you can't attend these dates - please email for more information on these!
This event is supported by the Co-op Community Fund.